Some of our therapists are available for coaching and consultation services. These can be done through phone calls or in person, and are meant to give some professional perspective and guidance as needed, rather than ongoing counseling. (Coaching and consulting are cash services and are not covered by insurance.)
Couples & Communication Consulting
Relationships can be hard! Sometimes we need help getting some perspective, understanding common patterns in relationships, and finding the right words in difficult conversations. Couples therapists can be extremely helpful at giving you some laser focused feedback and guidance when you are stuck. Here are some of the common issues clients seek consultation for:
- Getting some general feedback about our relationship and our stuck points, and if there is any hope for our relationship.
- Understanding what my partner is trying to tell me, and/or learning a better way to communicate my needs to my partner.
- How do I talk to my partner about my affair?
- What do I do now after finding out about an affair? What questions can I ask, should I ask?
- How can we increase emotional and sexual intimacy in our relationship?
- I’m worried about my partner and I don’t know how to talk to them about it.
- We need help making a difficult decision.
- What do we tell our children about infidelity, separation, divorce, illness, etc.
Do you ever wish a counselor could just come to your home and see your child in action?
Do you wish you could get direct coaching on how to handle certain behaviors with your child while they are happening?
Well now you can!
Parent Coaching is where a counselor or coach can directly guide you through new ways of parenting or helping your child with difficult behaviors and emotions.
Often parents, teachers, and caregivers wish the counselor could come see the child in his/her daily environment in order to really understand what they are talking about. This is beneficial for the counselor as well in order to evaluate more accurately what might be troubling the child, or what he/she might need from the caregivers.
Parent Coaching can be provided in a variety of ways:
- Some initial observation time for the coach is most beneficial. However, a description from the caregivers can be a place to start as well.
- The coach/counselor can come to the home, or if permitted to the school, to observe the children and others with them. Coaching can continue in this setting, or continue in the office setting.
- Telephone sessions are an option as well, and eventually online video options will be an option.
- Coaching could be the only service you need or want, or it can supplement the counseling you are getting in the office.
Parent Coaching is a cash service. Insurance coverage for counseling is only covered in the office setting.
Cost is $140.00 per hour, including travel time. Other options may be available due to financial hardship. You may talk with the therapists directly about that.
Our specialized child therapists Amy Luebke and Lori McDaniel are offering these parent coaching services at this time.